Wednesday, September 12, 2012

ASKING FOR PRAYERS

Hey there everyone!

For those of you that do not know about the young man Devon Walker of the Tulane University football team, he was injured in a head collision with one his own teammates in a game with Tulsa a this past Saturday. The game was actually played here in Tulsa. This young man was hurt pretty badly and he is a New Orleans native. Being that I am from the Crescent City as well. I took the liberty to go and pay him a visit.

I was happy to see that he was alert and knew what was going on around him. I had a chance to speak with his mom and told her that I was just trying to share my condolences and wanted to drop by a small bear and a get-well balloon. His mom was appreciative and just asked for continued prayers. I assured her that I would do just that.

Some of you might be wondering why I would do such a thing for someone I don't know? Well here's why: I would appreciate something like that if it was me, He is a athlete and we share that in common, and that just the type of person that I am. And he is also a New Orleanian and I am from the same area.
I ask that you all join me in lifting up this young man for a speedy and full recovery.
Meek