Tuesday, April 22, 2014

EURO PLAYOFF UPDATE

Hello all, I know that it has been some time since I have last blogged. Things over here in Russia has been eye opening to me and the things that I have had to experience required me to step away and just focus on myself and little harder. I have really missed reaching out to you all though, and have wanted to share many times prior to this. 

I want to start by saying that I hope everyone had a great Easter! For Christ died for all of our sins and rose again on the third day. I dont know about you, but I am extremely grateful for the that. For God sacrificing His only begotten son so that we can have ever lasting life is heart warming and marvelous to me. So with all that being said. I just want to say Father I thank you!

As for the the reason that i am over here, basketball.  It has been very interesting to say the least. We have been able to prove to ourselves as well as the European world that we are a very good team. We have made some great strides this year, and have embarked upon many first for the clubs 20th year anniversary.

We advanced to the Final 8 in  Euro league for the time in the clubs history and although we didnt play the way that we were capable of we learned a tremendous amount about ourselves. From there we had to move and prepare to play about a very talented Dynamo Kursk team. This team consisted of My former college teammate Seimone Augustus, who continues to improve and give people nightmares on the court. Rebakkah Bronson( of the Minnesota Lynx), Epiphany Prince (of the Chicago Sky), Candice Dupree (of the Phoenix Mercury) and so many more talented players.  Now it was a very hard fought battle but we were able to come away with the victory, and advance to the Championship round. 

I am so excited about all that has taken place, and our club is even more excited. 

I have thoroughly enjoyed each and everyone of my teammates and will miss them when it is time for us to part. Yes the season is winding down, but these young ladies became my sisters, my second family, and through it all we remained one and stayed on one accord. With this only success followed us. 

We still have more work to do, but I can honestly say that I am very proud of each and everyone of us, and I am very proud of our accomplishments thus far.