Friday, October 26, 2012

MEEK'S DEVOTIONAL: THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED

Thought I would share my Daily Devotion that I read today:

It says --  Come To Me when you are hurting, and I will soothe your pain. Come To Me when you are joyful, and I will share your joy, multiplying it many times over. I am All you need, just when you need it. Your deepest desires find fulfillment in Me alone.  This is the age of self-help. Bookstores abound with books about "taking care of number one," making oneself the center of all things. The main goal of these methodologies is to become self- sufficient and confident. You, however have been called to take a "road less traveled": Continual dependence on me. True confidence comes from knowing you are complete in My presence. Everything you need has its counterpart in Me.


"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5

Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:4