Tuesday, October 30, 2012

MEEK'S DEVOTIONAL: STAY FOCUSED

DO NOT EXPECT to be treated fairly in this life. People will say and do hurtful things to you, things that you don't deserve. When someone mistreats you, try to view it as an opportunity to grow in grace. See how quickly you can forgive the one who has wounded you. Don't be concerned about setting the record straight. Instead of obsessing about other peoples opinions of you, keep your focus on Me. Ultimately, it is MY view of you that counts.

As you concentrate on relating to Me, remember that I have clothed you in My righteousness and holiness. I see you attired in these radiant garments, which I bought to you with My blood. This also is not fair; it is pure gift. When others treat you unfairly, remember that My ways with you are much better than fair. My ways are Peace and Love, which I have poured out into your heart by My Spirit.


Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. - Colossians 3:13

I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness,as a bridgegroom adorns hisself like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with jewels - Isaiah 61:10

In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding- Ephesians 1:7-8

And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into out hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.- Romans 5:5


From "Jesus Calling"
Enjoying Peace in His Presence
By Sarah Young