Saturday, September 17, 2011

USING DREAMS TO FUEL OUR FUTURE

Today's game is a win or go home one.  I don't think that we ready to go home just yet so that leaves us no other choice but to win.  We have had enough time to reflect on the things that we didn't do correctly, now we have to put it behind us and are now focusing on what's ahead of us. 

As I was reading John Maxwell's book "Teamwork 101," I came across some things that  I thought were interesting and I added some stuff with is well.  Check it out and let me know what you think.

Can my team accomplish the Dream?

There are two questions that I would like to share with you all today.  The first is what is my dream?

It all starts with that question because your answer reveals what could be.  Robert Greenleaf remarked, "Nothing must happens without a dream.  For something really great to happen, it takes a really great dream."

What lies in your heart?  What do you see as a possibility for your life?  What would you like to accomplish during your time on this earth?  Only a dream can properly set you on that path.

As Harlem Renaissance poet Langston Hughes wrote:

Hold fast to dreams for if dreams die
Life is broken -- winged birds that cannot fly;
Hold fast to dreams for when dreams go
Life is a barren field frozen with snow.

If you want to do something great, you must have a dream.  But a dream is not enough.  You can fulfill a dream only if you are a part of a team.

When I read this I couldn't help but to think about where I am now.  I am a part of a great team, a team that works hard and strives to be better everyday.  As a team we will have one common goal and one dream and that is to win the ultimate prize in our game -- which is a championship.  We know that we need everyone to believe in this dream for it to come to pass.  It can't just be one of us believing it has to be all of us.  From top to bottom, head to toe, from the coach to the last person on the bench.  I believe in our team and believe that we accomplish our dreams.

The next question is who is on my team?

This question tells you what is.  It measures your current situation.  Your potential is only as good as your current team.  Thart's why you must examine who is joining you on your journey.  A great dream with a bad team is nothing more than a nightmare.

I think this is absolutely correct.  It is true that one bad apple can spoil the entire bunch.  But I am fortunate to be one a team that has:

Diana Taurasi
Penny TaylorDeWanna Bonner
Candace Dupree
Nakia Snaford
Ketia Swanier
Alexis Grey-Lawson
Sidney Spender
Marie Ferdinand-Harris
Krystal Thomas
And me -- Temeka Johnson

Also there is:
Corey Gaines (head coach)
Julie Hargrove (assistant coach)
Bridget Pettis
Ben Hadley (strength and conditioning)
Tamara Poole (trainer)

This is who is on my team and I am happy that we all want the same thing and have the same goal.

WE HAVE OUR EYES ON THE PRIZE!!!

But we know that this is a "take one game at a time" so our eyes will definitely be on our game with Seattle tonight.