Monday, March 26, 2012

LOOKING BACK AT THE IMPORTANCE OF LEADERSHIP DURING OUR CHAMPIONSHIP RUN

I am still feeling the affects of our victory. As I mentioned before it was something very special for us as a whole, but it is also a great accomplishment for me as well. I want to talk a little bit about leadership. I rarely ever talk about myself when it comes to this but I know and feel deep in my heart that I am a true leader. For the entire Euro-Cup games I feel as though I have done just that for my team. And to top it all off with winning the entire thing is something very special that I will hold with me forever.

I came across the poem by Howard A. Walter speaking on Character from John Maxwell and I thought it was so fitting. It says:

I would be true, for there are those who trust me;
I would be pure, for there are those who care;
I would be strong, for there are those who suffer;
I would be brave, for there is much to dare.
I would be friend of all--- the foe, the friendless;
I would be giving, and forget the gift;
I would be humble, for I know my weakness;
I would look up, and laugh, and love, and lift.”


When I read this I began to think of me and ask myself does any of this apply to me and sure enough i was able to put a check by each one of them. This is an honor.

I also came across these line of questions and it truly made me think! I loved this questioning and found great joy in answering them. I think you all should do the same. You don't have to share it with anyone if you don't want to, but to be able to ask yourself these questions and answer them will do something for you.
You will be able to answer and realize things that you didn't even know you wanted to know or even think of at that time; but the awareness of it all and the joy that will come with it will be great.  Things may have seem one way at some point but when you take a glance back over your shoulder, you realize just how far you have come and how much better overall you are..

“Look behind you: What have you learned?
Look around you: What is happening to others?
Look above you: What does God expect of you?
Look besides you: What resources are available to you?”
John C. Maxwell

I hope you all enjoy this.
Have great week!
Meek