Saturday, January 19, 2013

DIPPING INTO THE COLD WATERS

Today is a very Sacred Holiday here in Russia. It is almost like a baptism but not exactly the same thing. It is a cleansing dipping to wash away your sins. One of my former teammates posted it on her twitter page and I became intrigued by it so I started asking about it. Now giving that  Russia is enduring its harshest winter in over 70 years it has not stopped these people from being dipped. In Siberia Russia it is a whopping -50 degree C and in the Moscow region it is a little warmer at -17 or -18 but still it is very cold and people are dipping themselves. It is told to me that the water is special and that no one gets sick after the dipping. Whether it is true or not, I still find it very interesting and am glad to see people wanting to have a new start from their washing.