Monday, January 21, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR. KING

Just checking in with everyone back in the states on this special day.  First and foremost, it is our celebratory day of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday.  What an amazing legacy that he still inspires people today.  And on the same day, an African-American is sworn in to his second term as President of the United States!  While I know our nation still has strides to make I am very proud of the one's we've made.  The thing that sticks out to me the most was Dr. King's servant attitude and the number of sacrifices he made on the behalf of an entire nation.  It is his philosophy that I model my H.O.P.E. Foundation after -- certainly on a much smaller scale -- but trying to to serve as many as possible -- to reach out an help those less fortunate -- to give those that are young a vision of hope to move forward in the future. 

Happy Birthday Dr. King!
Meek