Friday, October 7, 2011

FINDING TIME TO READ TO SOME KIDS BEFORE HEADING TO RUSSIA

Good morning everyone! I know that it has been some time since I spoke with you but I really needed to take a little time after our season. I know you all don't like that but trust me when I say I needed it.

Anyway, I am writing to let you all know that I am about to get on a plane and head over to Russia. But before I do that I started my morning off by going to read my book "Decisions, Decisions, Decisions" to a group of kids at Wildwood Elementary. Their teacher, Mrs. Williams, was just as excited as her kids, and it was also Michael Hale's birthday. That is my soon-to-be God Son and he was excited and loved the attention from his classmates. I think he will have a really great 7th birthday. He told me that it was "the best birthday ever" so I am happy with that. I signed the book and left it for the teacher and she jumped and screamed it was really funny. Overall I had a really great time and was happy that the kids had fun.

It was such a great way to start my morning, now my day has shifted to saying good bye and getting last minute things together. Russia here I come.

I want to thank all of you for your understanding and still supporting me throughout everything.

Meek