Monday, October 10, 2011

MADE IT TO MOSCOW!

Hey there everyone!

Well as you can see I have gotten a little settled in Russia. We are on the road for our first game coming on Monday in Moscow. After a long train ride throughout the night I had enough energy to get out of the hotel and go and view some of the things that were around our hotel.

As you can see there were a few good pictures that I was able to take. We are staying at the Radisson and I must admit this is a pretty nice hotel.  A lot different than some of the ones that we have stayed at in the past. 

I am excited about our season here. We have made a few changes to our team so there are a few new faces. We also have a new head coach and assistant as well but so far all the pieces are going together just fine. We have some teammates that have played in the states, so their english is very good. One of them in particular played at UL Lafayette --  her name is Anna Petrakova. Its a small world because she also told me that she tried out for LSU in 2001 but she was only 16 at the time. Now here we are 10 years later sharing stories about Louisiana, the crawfish festivals, and of course Mardi Gras and Bourbon street. LOL

Again I look forward to a lot of fun and some good basketball this Winter season. And I have made a commitment to get out and get you all more pics. I will make the best out of this season even out there in all the snow once it starts to come LOL. I wont let it stop me. Strap up everyone and come along for the ride. I will do my best to make it a good, fun, and enjoyable one.