Monday, October 17, 2011

MEEK'S TEAM IS BONDING -- AND WINNING!

Well, well, well! I come to you excited about our 2-0 start. On yesterday we came away with a victory again Vologda. This was also the team that we beat last year to advance to the Final Four. I don' think I have to tell you how intense this match-up was between the two rivals. We did come away with a 10 point victory, but again it was a grind. I am right now very pleased with our team as well as our attitudes. Now we know that there were a lot of things that we could learn from last night's game and we are not over looking that. We know that we need to continue to work on our chemistry with one another as well as grow and learn each other even more. But we are staying on the positive side and on the same page with everything is moving in the right direction. 

After the win yesterday we had another celebration -- it was Ekaterina Lisina birthday so we all went out to grab a bite to eat and sing karaoke. Now, now, now -- you all know that I didn't get up there and do anything -- LOL. But a few of my teammates did and had a ball -- and I had a ball laughing. (Unlike some of them, I know that singing was not a gift that I was blessed with - LOL). Over all we had a great night and plenty of fun moments.

Today is a resting day -- one that we have to take to try and let our bodies recuperate, and I am trying my best to take full advantage. I am also working on some things to help move the H.O.P.E. Foundation in a better direction and I am getting all the pieces together. I want you all to know that it is coming and when it does it will be a beautiful piece.

Thanks everyone please enjoy your week.

Meek