Monday, October 24, 2011

MEEK AND TEAMMATES AVENGE LAST YEAR'S PLAYOFF LOSS

"Wow" is a great way to start this blog off. I am so proud of our team and the way that we played against Hope Orenburg the other night. It was a total team effort against one of the top 3 teams in Russia. This is also the team that we played against last year that beat us in 5 games for 3rd place. It was a hard fought battle then and it was not an easy one this time either. I will say that I think that we as well as other may have underestimated how talented we really are. We jumped out on Orenburg 16-0 and didnt look back after that either. We had great contributions from everyone on the team and everyone was excited about how well things are coming together for us, and there is still more growing to take place.

I really like this team and I am happy that I made the decision to come back. The team is better, the people are more helpful and funnier, and we have had a lot of fun already. Anna Petrakova  and Ekaterina Lisina have been really taking both Michelle and I to different places as well as helping us with the food menu's (LOL) so we have surpassed just eating Chicken and rice all day. Natalia Vodopyanova has been extremely helpful as well. That is just to name few, but all of my teammates are helpful and working hard with and against one another. And that showed against a complete and put together team in Orenburg. Because of our victory we were awarded two days of rest. I am jumping for joy for this and I will utilize it very much. Of course rest is on the menu, but I will also get some work done. Have a lot of things that I am working on and I am taking the time to do so.

In the mean time I am wishing you all the best and thanking you very much for the support that you show me.

Meek