Wednesday, December 21, 2011

MEEK SPREADS HOLIDAY HOPE!

Happy Hoildays everyone!

I come to you today with great excitement. Yesterday I had the pleasure of visiting Our Lady Of The Lake Hospital in Baton Rouge, Louisiana to spend some time with the children, spreading a little H.O.P.E. The people at the hospital were such a great help in assisting me as we put the event together, and they were also open arms in welcoming me.

I love the fact that I was able to spread a little cheer this holiday season. The families that were there were so happy and also thankful for me coming through. It was awesome.

I talked a little bit about my "Meek Moments" book as well as told them a little about myself. It was such a pleasure to not only share my story but to also learn about some of their stories.

I signed and donated some of the books, prayed with one of the families, and laughed, as I mentioned before with all of them -- and smiled from my heart thinking to myself when can I do this again.

Sometime I don't think that people fully understand the great feeling that I get when putting a smile on others faces. Bringing hope is not just for the holiday season for me, it is some that I take full pride and enjoyment in doing all year round.

I have said this many times before, HOPE comes in all different shapes, sizes, and forms. It doesn't take a lot to give it either. It can be with just a few words, just a hug, just a little smile, an encouraging look, etc. I am so happy that it is in me to want to do it, but mostly that I am actually trying to do it.

I want to say Merry Christmas everyone and definitely enjoy your holidays. Take this moment to take a deep breathe and enjoy all of your loved ones. I know that I intend to do the same.

Merry Christmas!

Meek