Friday, December 2, 2011

A WIN AND SPECIAL TRIP TO THE PRAYING WALL

Hey there everyone!

I just want to stop in during this long road trip to let you all know that after our loss to UMMC, we redeemed ourselves in Euro Cup against Macabbi Ashdod, in Israel.  It was such a nice trip -- the weather was nice, the food was good, and we came away with the win.
The part that sticks out to me the most is after our game the entire team wanted to go to Jerusalem to the visit the Praying Wall. Now this was not in the plans at all, but this is something that we all wanted to do, and we made it happen. I thought it was really great for us as well as showed a lot about each and everyone of us. We were only there long enough to really play the game and see a few things in the city that we were staying in. But we made the time to get there and visit as well as send up some prayers. AMAZING to me. We were determined to get there, we took the bus and went there after our game and team dinner so it was around 11 pm and we got back to our hotel about a quarter to 2 am. It was well worth the trip though.

The next morning we had to get up and head out. Not only did we get to the Airport 4 hours before check-in time because of customs, but we had a 4 hour flight ahead of us also.

Now, I sit in the Moscow airport updating you all, (get this -- a five hour layover) before I get on a 2 am flight to another city in Russia, that will take us yet another four hours to get there for our game that we have on the 4th. I am trying to use this time wisely before I go crazy.

This is by far one of the toughest trips that I have taken but I've got to do what I have to do right?
It is almost close to the time where we start winding down to come back to the states for Christmas so I'm not going to complain too much.

 Ok, I am off to go and find my gate Talk to you all soon.
Meek