Sunday, November 27, 2011

TOUGH LOSS BUT GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO RE-FOCUS

Well, well, well -- I must pass on some bad news. Ye,s we got out first lost tonight against UMMC. They are one of the top ranked teams here in Russia, but we did give them a good run. You have to give them credit for pulling away with the win, they executed their game plan pretty well. Candace Parker, Cappi Pondexter, Sandrine Gruda, Jekabson, Abrisamova, Stepanova, just to name a few, played very well for their club.

I am a little disappointed in the way that I lead my teammates today, and I do take this lost to heart and will regroup and refocus as well as get back to the drawing board; for what it is that I need to do to get better. Our coaches did a great job on our game plan, I am sorry that we didn't execute it the way that we should have.

I am headed to Moscow to see my friend off to the states -- really enjoyed the company and sad to see them go. But I will be home soon for the Christmas break so that keeps me smiling, as well as makes it easy. I am so excited for Christmas and can't wait to see my family.

There is still more work to be done here -- we have to go to Israel, then back to Russia for a game then we head back out to Turkey. That will be in the first part of December and before you know it, it will be that time to almost come back for a little while.

Until next time everyone...talk to you again soon!


Meek