Tuesday, January 24, 2012

CELEBRATING A LOSS?

I have to tell you all that it took me a little while to send this blog, due to our loss against Orengburg. This was the most interesting defeat I have witnessed. If you recall the first game that we played, we defeated this team by 17 points. Since then both teams have been winning and they have also added some new additions to their team etc. So now it comes down to the final round of regular season and this game is the determining game on who gets the 3rd place seed. Ekaterinburg and Spartak are the number 1 and 2 teams overall and they have some really good players on their teams. Anyway going into this game we knew that we either had to beat them or not lose to them by more than 17 points. Well guess what? Orenburg jumped out on us and once they were ahead they stayed ahead, and we (for the first time this year) fell apart. It was a huge test for us and we failed. We went from trying to win the game to now not trying to lose it by 17 points. I'm here to tell you we lost by 15 points.

Now for the interesting part, as buzzer went off Orenburg began to celebrate their victory. At this same time our bench was celebrating as well. Now I was a little stunned by this although I understood.  It's just not something that I have ever really witnessed. I know that is great for us to be in 3rd place -- but still. The celebration was a bit much for me to take in at the moment. I like where we are as a team but I'll be honest, there are some things that we definitely need to clean up. We will have a little time to do that so we'll continue to progress with the other teams that we have to play until the playoffs.



I will keep you all posted.  I am now off to a get together for one of out managers who just had his 50th birthday. It should be fun


I will have a later blog on that!

Meek