Monday, January 16, 2012

SHARING SOME THOUGHTS ON DR. KING

Hello world!

After finally getting back with our team, I am excited to let you know that we did win both of games; and for me it was definitely a journey that I will never forget. I went from Russia, back to Baton Rouge, laid over in Houston on the way back, then heading out to Amsterdam and finally making it to Minsk Belarus before heading to Vologda another City in Russia. I can now say that I am here and we are still sitting in a good place with our rankings.

I also come to you today wanted to take this time out to wish Dr. Martin Luther King a Happy Birthday.

As I reflect back on all the things that so many Civil Rights Leaders did to pave the way for me to be where I am today, I can only say thank you. This picture of me with Dr. King's Monument brings me great pleasure in knowing that we have acknowledged and accepted the things that he once preached and talked about for us as a nation. And although there is still a ways for us to go, the progress makes me think that if Dr. King was still here today he could at least smile at the things that have changed from his bravery and profound words thus far -- from him standing up for equality, for freedom, for our rights, for HOPE, for change. I am fortunate to have been able to go to Washington and see the acknowledgement, and gratitude of Dr. King and his fight. It brought me great joy to witness such a wonderful thing.

Again I want to say Happy Birthday, and most importantly thank you!

Meek