Wednesday, January 18, 2012

OH NO! PROPELLERS!

I could not dare go without sharing this with you all. Now this is something that we probably never see, but check this out -- yes that's right -- it is exactly what your thinking. As I was approaching this plane leaving Belarus, I started noticing that this was not only a small plane, but I could truly see the propellers. Now, I can honestly say that there were many thoughts that ran through my head, but the one that stood out the most was "oh my good I can really see the propellers of this plane." This is the view outside of my seat and yes I was very nervous. And to top it all off at first, only one side of the propellers were spinning as the others just remained on tact.

Some more thoughts began to run through my head, as my teammates looked at me with smiles on their faces and laughter in their voices. I asked the question -- "Well, is the other one going to start spinning?"   One laughed and said it will be ok. I dropped my head and immediately started praying. As they laughed and smiled, and I was truly serious, I somehow understood that they were used to this and that's why they were so calm. I strapped that seat belt tight and just tried to relax. I thought to myself maybe I should close the shutters so I couldn't see what was going on. So I did and here comes a stewardess asking me to please raise them back up for take off. I almost screamed LOL, but did as she asked and my teammate fell out laughing. Now as we got in the air it was a little bumpy, my stomach was of course tight, and I wasn't sure if I should be happy that I couldn't see the propellers anymore due to the ray of snow that I was able to witness. Or should I have wanted to see the propellers and not all the snow? At that point I think it didn't matter I was just really ready to land. And thankfully, 1 hour and some change later we did.