Monday, November 5, 2012

MEEK LEADS TEAM TO VICTORY OVER RIVAL ORENBURG

Guess what everyone? I am happy to share with you that we (Dynamo Kursk) accomplished a major task last night. We competed against Orenburg. And if many of you can recall, they have been our Achilles heel since I have been playing in Russia. Well on last night we were able to come away with a hard fought victory.

Not only did we win, but we got Michelle Snow back and she had her returning debut against them. We look so good out there. Our team as I have mentions has gotten so much stronger and better across the board, and we played like we really wanted this game.
Now don't get me wrong  -- Orenburg was not going out without a fight. At the end of the 3rd quarter we were both tied at 49. Now this fourth quarter was the determining factor in who wanted it more.
Orenburg has Dewanna Bonner, I was so happy to see DB, and they also have Rene Montgomery. The two of these ladies practically tried to put Orenburg on their backs and carry them to victory. Rene finished the game with 23 points and 3 assist, and DeWanna finished with 16 points and 11 rebounds. She was clearly a match up problem for us because of her athletic ability and her ability to stretch the floor. She was hitting from long range which was making our big players have to come out, as well as drive directly to the goal. It definitely took a group effort to try and contain her.
But with that being said, we had a group effort on our end offensively as well. I was and still am extremely proud of Ekaterina Lisina for how well she has been playing and how much she has worked on her game in the off season, and I was extremely happy for the production that Shay Murphy came in and gave us. Again it was a total team effort and I couldn't be any happier.

Our next game up will be against Bulgaria, this is in the Euro-cup game. We will be traveling to them this week. I am looking forward to this. I do not know much about this team yet but I will very soon. I know that our coaches are watching film and will definitely have us prepared for it.  So until then I hope everyone have a great week and check out Eurobasket.com if you want to follow myself and so many others throughout Europe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment