Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A MOTIVATIONAL MESSAGE FROM PHIL JACKSON


Good Day all!

Last night was another good win for us. I am hoping that we can continue this type of play going into the playoffs.  We were with out one of our players last night (Penny Taylor), but everyone stepped up and did what we needed to do as a whole to bring us to victory. I was extremely happy for and proud of Dewanna Bonner-- she played really well for us and showed a lot of her versatility. Also, after the game was over I got to spend a little time with LSU Alum Toni Gross, we had a great tome catching up. That's right y'all -- we Tigers are everywhere.

We are going to be in San Antonio as we take on a very hungry Starzz team on Thursday night. Tune in on the web and follow the game and see what happens. These playoff spots are a close race.

One last thing I want to share with you my chapel visit yesterday. We had a motivational speaker come in and speak with us and she mentioned a lot of things. But the one that she said that stuck out to me was a quote by Phil Jackson. It said "Good teams become great when everyone trades in me for we."  I thought that was such a great quote and not just for the game of basketball, but in life also. Sometimes we get so caught up in the things that we have going on, we tend to forget about others.

Thanks for listening talk to you again soon.
Meek