Friday, November 18, 2011

CELEBRATING "EARLY THANKSGIVING"

Hello everyone!

I come to you today sharing with you what my teammate Michelle calls an "Early Thanksgiving Dinner."  And I couldn't agree with her more. Our assistant coach Victoria put together a great feast for us and I can barely sit up straight I am so full. This was such a great time for us as a team.

We were coming off a great win against the Turkish team in the Euro-cup and we are still undefeated and we are doing things well. I did get hit in the face during the game and  I am a little soar today but overall it is well.  Our team played very well together and it was so pretty too see how things were going with us. The ball was moving around, the pace was very good, the fast break was going also. I am very proud of how it turned out.

There is a circus that will be in town this week, and I as well as my teammates are planning to attend. I know this will be fun event with each other, and I know it will be great. I am also having some American company this week. One of my best friends will accompany me in Russia for awhile. I am so thankful to be able to have someone that can take some time to come over, to not only share the experience but to help with missing our loved ones. This is going to be a great week.

We also have a game coming up on the road and then to Lithuania I go. We are going to take care of some business and also enjoy Lithuania. From there we will be back in Kursk and preparing for more games. I will keep you all posted and I hope you are enjoying this as much as  I am sharing it.
Meek