Friday, June 3, 2011

MEEK CHECKS IN WITH HER FIRST BLOG FOR NOLA.COM

Temeka Johnson, Kenner native, Bonnabel and LSU graduate and the point guard for the Phoenix Mercury of the WNBA, will be providing a weekly update on her life in professional basketball for the readers of NOLA.com. This is her first installment.

The WNBA is starting its 15th season today, which is a great accomplishment. The WNBA has given me and many others the opportunity to play in front of family and friends and for it to still be here 15 seasons later shows me that it will be here to do the same for so many others in the years to come.

I am headed into my seventh season in this league. Yes, time really does fly. I can't even believe it.

We have been gearing up to kick off the 2011 season Saturday against the defending champion Seattle Storm (check us out on ABC at 2 p.m.) with two weeks of two-a-days.

So far, things have been great. We have been bonding as a team both on and off the court. This is a new and improved team and I am excited about where things are headed. I hope that you all follow us as a team and you can also follow me on Facebook - Temeka Johnson-Meek, Twitter - @quickdeuce as well as my blog spot, 2meekmoments.blogspot.com. Come along with me and my team, the Phoenix Mercury, as we ride this road and try to get another championship. Talk to you all again soon with more of what's to come.

- Temeka

Check out the entire blog: http://bit.ly/mnqboc